Saturday 15 August 2015

Oh dear, one of those days


15th August 15               morning                mid section

Warm & sunny,  13-15°c,   1012mb,   WNW 7-W 9 mph


I have a stinking cold which is affecting my stamina and I wonder if it's also affecting my mental alertness  ( doesn't take much ). Heard a call which I didn't recognize, spent 10 minutes looking for the culprit, a small bird flew from the area, then a finch sized bird, nether of which I could identify. Later a glimpse of what looked like a treecreeper and then it was gone. A nondescript bird briefly in the shadows could have been a garden warbler? None of which I could claim. grrr.
The only highlight today was kingfisher which flew from the Smestow brook just south of Meadow View canal bridge to alight on an overhanging branch to fish, it only flew off when a jogger ran past, it went back to the Smestow.


Mallard few S&W Canal
Buzzard 1 ad over Barleyfield
Moorhen few S&W Canal
Black Headed Gull 4 Compton Field
Lesser Black Backed Gull odds over mid section
Kingfisher 1 1 fishing canal from Meadow View,
Green Woodpecker 1 Top of Barleyfield
Great Spotted Woodpecker 1 Compton Field
Pied Wagtail 2 Compton Field
Wren 2 singing mid section
Chiffchaff 1 calling Hanging Grds
Jay 1 Hanging Grds
Bullfinch calls Barleyfield

No comments: