Friday 22 March 2013

FRIDAY 22nd MARCH 2013
Newbridge, Smestow Valley

What a wally!  Migrants muddle is all mine  . . . 

 Oh dear!  I often don't, as my friends and family gently remind me, know what day it is.  Now, it seems, I'm not even aware of what year it is.  One thing's for certain, I didn't pay enough attention when reading Chris' last posting.   His references to warblers arriving at the Compton barleyfield involved records for March 2012, and not for this year.  He showed how last weekend's dearth of birds at the site was in stark contrast to the number of migrants recorded there on the same date 12 months earlier.  Chiffchaffs and other long-distance travellers have been held up in 2013 by adverse weather, and  looking out now at snow falling across the playingfield I doubt if few, if any, have reached us yet.  So, apologies to Chris for my error, and solidarity with the tiny birds battling their way towards us.  Heads down, and keep on flying . . .

No comments: